At least two-thirds of this course is practical photography from studying technical skills of contemporary and traditional photography to exploring production outcomes for print and web platforms.
Facilities include a darkroom with colour processor, three shooting studios, and a digital darkroom, all supported by a dedicated photography technician. You’ll have the freedom to pursue and develop your own individual style.
We run an open-door policy and we’ll be on hand to help you hone your work. Your tutors have current industry links so you’ll always be up to date with the latest technologies and industry trends. Visiting speakers will inspire and challenge you. Field trips and residentials will feed your imagination, and there will be ample opportunity for you to exhibit your work.
On this course you will...
- Develop your photographic and editing skills while experimenting during workshops and outdoor activities.
- Work with students across the creative arts, collaborating on projects and exploring new mediums.
- Be taught by industry experts with experience working freelance and within creative organisations.
- Have the opportunity to exhibit your work publicly alongside the work of classmates across the arts.
- Undertake a real-world creative placement where you have the opportunity to gain high-quality work experience during the second year of your studies.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.