Working in the police force is a big challenge, but it can be a very rewarding and prosperous experience. If you're interested in joining, enhance your recruitment prospects and build on your personal development with our work-based training course. Jointly developed with the College of Policing Cumbria Constabulary and building on their award-winning Initial Police Learning and Development Programme, you'll learn all the key skills and knowledge to go onto a successful career in policing.
We meet all the required elements of the College of Policing pre-join qualification strategy, so you can be confident you have the skills to get started with a career in the police force.
Why choose University of Cumbria?
- Apply to be a Special Constable in constabularies across the North West and Durham, or potentially a force of your own choosing.
- Take part in our annual Crime Exercise simulating a murder investigation in Ambleside.
- Strong focus on employability skills to enhance your future job prospects
- Focus your skills on Practical Policing or Research in Policing through placement opportunities
- Study in small class groups to get to know your tutors and fellow students
- Gain the foundation needed to progress to the BSC Professional Policing top-up.
It's important that our future officers have the best start possible, which is why we will ensure you receive a full level of training for a successful career with the police.