Want a career in the IT, engineering, manufacturing, construction or nuclear industries?
Our course has been designed around the requirements of professional bodies, including the Association for Project Management (APM), so you learn all the profession-relevant skills that you need for a career in project management.
You’ll learn about the foundations of project management, the business environment and develop your skills in using project management techniques and software - so you can graduate career-ready.
The course also focuses on your personal development with opportunities to improve your communication and leadership skills to develop the confidence you'll need as a practising project manager.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll learn the skills that employers will demand from you, plus, your studies be kept up to date with the latest guidance from the APM.
While you’ll gain the academic theory required, you’ll boost your confidence and employability with hands-on practical sessions.
Provides a route into professional qualifications including the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) and the APM Project Management Qualification
Opportunity for work-based placements
- Academic staff have diverse backgrounds with professional project-related experience across different sectors
- We get to know you well and support you throughout your studies
- Kept up to date with the latest industry practices through guest lectures by current professionals
- Interactive course to boost confidence and learning
- Learn about project management techniques and get to grips with current professionally-used software to boost your employment chances
- Our links with local, regional and national businesses and the Association for Project Management North West Branch give you good networking opportunities
- Our students have won awards for working with local projects, depicting the positive contribution of project management to bring community benefits
Find more about what we do by looking at our blog https://uocpmblog.wordpress.com/
Our aim is to see you graduate armed with the knowledge and confidence to step into a job as a project manager.
So, if you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge, a good employability profile and current industry-specific knowledge – this is it.
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.
This course has been designed with employers in mind and the majority of students on the course will be working in a project-related role. To enable employed people to study the course successfully alongside their jobs, the delivery of lectures and learning material is typically scheduled in a day-release model, with a single day of intensive engagement each week supported with additional online materials. Students who are not currently working will get the benefit of studying alongside practising project professionals as well as having the flexibility in their weekly calendar to seek employment or to fully dedicate their time to their studies.