During this one-year course, a practical placement will provide you with hands-on experience. You can take this placement with an institution or organisation you already know, or a new one with which we can support the sourcing of for you. If you are already in work, you could use your employment as your placement if it is in an appropriate setting, such as a school. Our industry-experienced tutors will support you and provide a solid academic grounding to complement your practical work experience. You’ll study the subjects associated with education, teaching and learning, gaining a national and international perspective of education. You’ll cover elements such as social justice, policy and current issues in education.
On this course you will...
- Have flexibility of study, allowing you to engage with topics and material that interest you.
- Undertake non-assessed placements, which enable you to put theory into practice.
- Be taught in small teaching groups, facilitating supportive relationships with peer and tutors alike.
- Follow a named pathway; either SEND or early years.
- Benefit from a programme team made up of experts from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.