Learn from industry-expert tutors alongside lectures, seminars, interactive quizzes, creative work, field trips, case studies and more, giving you the skills you need to go into your chosen field. Practical work experience will integrate theoretical understanding into real-life scenarios.
You’ll complete additional qualifications during your studies, including a Safeguarding Certificate, helping to boost your employability. You'll benefit from our strong links with the local community and employers, this degree is rooted in real-world practice.
You will work with children and families in a variety of settings including early years education, social care, sport and community, and the criminal justice system. Due to the wide range of progression routes and options upon graduation, we’ve created a bespoke module where you can review and plan your career options.
On this course you will...
- Take part in learning which celebrates and links to your real-life experiences brought from previous work, volunteering, caring responsibilities or education.
- Complete work experience to boost your employability and learn from tutors with wide-ranging professional and research backgrounds.
- Become part of a learning community of people who want to make a difference, to make the world a fairer place and change things for the better.
- You'll be taught by a friendly team who get to know you as individuals and support you every step of the way.
- Benefit from our connection with over 100 youth work organisations across the region and the world. Ensuring up to date practice and graduate opportunities.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.