University of Cumbria International Red List Support Package Terms and Conditions
The University of Cumbria's International Red List Support package of £2,000 is available to our new and continuing International students registering on a full-time University of Cumbria programme in August/September 2021 and who are required to travel from (or through) a Red List country in order to arrive in the UK for the start of their registered programme of study.
The International Red List Support package is intended to cover the costs of the required managed hotel quarantine package upon arrival into the UK and to cover onward transport costs to the student’s University of Cumbria campus of study.
To be eligible the student needs to:
- Be required to travel from (or through) a Red List country in order to arrive in the UK for the start of their registered programme of study;
- Be paying the Overseas tuition fee rate and whose country of domicile is non UK/EEA;
- Be eligible to progress ,if a continuing student;
- Be fully registered on a full-time University of Cumbria programme in August/September 2021 having supplied all documents required and completed the university’s UKVI Declaration form;
- Have a UK term-time address, which is less than 1 hour’s travel from the student’s campus of study;
- Have provided a copy of their BRP to the university’s UKVI Compliance team;
- Have provided a copy of flight and boarding pass documentation;
- Provide evidence of payment for, and completion of, stay in a government approved Managed Quarantine Facility (MQF);
- Where two University of Cumbria students are sharing their Managed Quarantine Facility (MQF), the Red List support package will provide:
- Refund of the MQF cost of £2,285 for the first student
- Refund of the MQF cost of £1,430 for the second student
- A Travel Bursary of £250 each towards the cost of transport from the MQF to the relevant University of Cumbria campus.
The International Red List Support package will be processed by one of the following methods:
- Where a student owes money to the university, the package will be used to offset the balance owed (where a student is self-paying and not in receipt of sponsorship from a third party) e.g. balance of tuition fee payment.
- Where no money is owed the payment will be refunded against a payment already made through a University portal.
- In exceptional circumstances only, payment will be made to a UK bank account where there are no other options. Payment will not be made to a non-UK bank account under any circumstances.
Application and Decisions
- A student can only apply for the International Red List Support package once they have arrived in the UK and completed the registration process.
- The deadline to apply for the International Red List Support package is 28 days from the programme start date. Applications outside this timeframe will only be considered where the
- student is able to provide good reason why they are applying outside this timeframe (i.e. if a student had to isolate in their home country before they could travel to the UK).
- The university will consider applications for the International Red List Support package and confirm to the student whether they have met all the criteria within 5 working days. Where an application for the International Red List Support package is successful, the university will process payment within 10 working days of confirmation to the student.
- The university reserves the right to request additional information to validate the student’s claim.
- The university’s decision regarding eligibility for receipt of the Red List Support funding package is final.