4-5 Paternoster Row,
Carlisle, CA3 8TT.
Telephone: 01228 888740
Carlisle Business Interaction Centre is a high-profile entry point for businesses, employees and students seeking to access university expertise and support.
It is a hub which acts as a central interface between academics, students, established businesses, start-ups, business support services and research, and is the base for the University of Cumbria Business School in Carlisle.
Find out more about Carlisle Business Interaction Centre
Carlisle Business Interaction Centre
From the east, approach Carlisle from the A69. From the north or south leave the M6 at junction 43 for Carlisle (A69). Head into Carlisle along Warwick Road.
- From Warwick Road, turn right into Victoria Place
- Turn right into Georgian Way
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit into Castle Way
- Take the exit towards the City Centre
- Merge into West Tower Street
- Turn right into Market Street
- Turn right into Fisher Street
- Fisher Street turns left and becomes Finkle Street
- Turn left into Castle Street
- Turn right into Paternoster Row
PLEASE NOTE: There is limited short-stay parking near Paternoster Row in Castle Street. See parking advice below.
Carlisle is on the main west coast rail line from London to Glasgow and also has a direct, cross-country connection to Newcastle. Carlisle Business Interaction Centre is a 10-minute walk, or short taxi ride, from the railway station.
Walking from the station
- Walk north out of the station and cross the road
- Turn left into English Street
- Enter Green Market, then bear left into Castle Street
- Pass Carlisle Cathedral, then turn left into Paternoster Row
- Carlisle Business Interaction Centre is on your right
Parking advice for visitors to CBIC
Town Dyke Orchard car park
The nearest pay & display parking is the Town Dyke Orchard car park, below the West Walls. This is accessed via Backhouses Walk. Alongside the car park, there are several sets of steps. Take any one of these. At the top of the steps turn left onto West Walls and continue walking until you reach a small pedestrian alleyway on your right (Dean Tait’s Lane) signposted to the Cathedral (Nb. If you go up the last set of steps, Dean Tait’s Lane is directly opposite you). Turn right down this alley and continue for approximately 20 yards. Paternoster Row is the road that continues straight ahead.
The Lanes car park
To avoid the steps, you may prefer to park at The Lanes car park (entrance via Lowther Street. On exiting The Lanes Shopping Centre (city centre side), turn left and head to the Market Square, then turn right and follow Castle Street towards the Cathedral. Paternoster Row is on your left immediately after the Cathedral grounds.
Disc Zone parking
Disc zone parking (1 or 2 hours) is available at various locations throughout Carlisle City Centre.