Annemarie has extensive experience spanning over 25 years as a registered general nurse. Annemarie's first nursing role was at the Christie Hospital, South Manchester, after which she moved to the healthcare industry sector, specifically woundcare and product management in diabetes in the point of care arena. From 2001 she worked across the north west of the UK, gaining practice nurse and accident and emergency experience. In 2007 Annemarie returned full time to her nursing career, spending a decade living and working in the Channel Islands. It was here that she gained the valuable experience living and working in a remote area. Annemarie delivered trauma care, minor injuries, outpatient clinics, community nursing, long term care, acute care, palliative care and undertook medical evacuations by air, for service users from the ages of 0-104.
Annemarie commenced her degree studies in 2015 and achieved a prestigious new award in Guernsey, which then led to her achieving a further award from the Royal College of Nursing Foundation to commence postgraduate study in Dementia. This is a field which she is passionate about, especially in relation to person centred care and ethics.
Qualifications and memberships
- Post Graduate Certificate Learning and Teaching for Higher Education - Commences October 2019.
- MSc Dementia Studies - Current student - University of Stirling. 2019-2020.
- Post Graduate Certificate in Partnerships in Dementia - University of Derby, 2019.
- BSc Honours Nursing Studies, University of Derby First Class Honours, 2018.
- Advanced Life Support, October 2017.
- Institute of Health, Guernsey, 120 points at level 4 (Diploma level) Accredited by University of East Anglia, 2014.
- Vocational Assessor, NVQ- Institute of Health, Guernsey, 2010.
- Venepuncture Certificate, 2004.
- Registered General Nurse - South Manchester University Hospitals, 1991.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council member.
- Royal College of Nursing member.
Academic and research interests
- Ethics and values within nursing
- Holistic care of the older person
- Rural nursing
- Compassion in Nursing
- Self Care in Nursing
- The History of Nursing and Healthcare
- Evidence Based Nursing Practice
- Academic writing skills for the pre and post registered nurse
- Politics in relation to Healthcare and Nursing