Current projects include:
- Transformative Coaching – ProfDoc - Professional Doctorate
- Health Coaching
- Institute of Leadership and Management Centre Manager
- Leadership and Behavioural change
- Engineering Leadership
- Transformative Learning
- Military & NHS Leadership
Qualifications and memberships
ProfDoc (in submission)
MBA, PgDip, BA (Hons)
MBTI Coaching Practitioner,
Academic and research interests
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Transformative Learning
- Transformative Leadership
- Reflective Practice
- Neuroscience in decision making and behaviour
- Behavioural change
- Transforsmtive Pedagogy
Theme lead (shared) in Centre for Research in Health and Society (CRiHS)
Leadership in Healthcare
MSc Advanced Practice
- Corrie, Ian & Cunliff, Ed (2020) 'A case study:Can Transformative Coaching develop Reflexive practice in Coachees and have an impact on their communities of practice, Reflective Practice:International and Multidisciplinary Perpsectives (in press).
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian & Graham, Yitka, (2020) 'Emotional Labour amidst Covid 19:Focus on Paramedic Practice, Journal of Paramedic Practice.
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian & Rowland, Toby (2020) 'Doxa versus Dogma in Military Healthcare Pedagogical Leadership and Management', British Medical Journal Leader.
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian, (2020) 'Driving Insights via Processes of Sociemotional Being and Becoming', IG I Global Productions.
- Corrie, I, Lawson, R and Rowland, T (2020) Transformative Action Learning and Coaching in Healthcare Leadership, Journal of Transformative Learning.
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian, (2020) 'Learner Centred Pedagogy - Framing Authentic Identity and Positionality in Higher Education, for IGI Global Productions
- Corrie, Ian, Lawson, Ron and Robinson, Peter (2019) Transformative Learning in Practice: a students perspective. Learning & Teaching Fest 3rd July 2019, University of Cumbria, Carlisle.
- Corrie, I and Ralph, S, (2019), Using articulation for the Army pre-hospital emergency care Cert HE and Army Uplift contract - Building bridges with credit, NUCCAT Conference, University of Cumbria, 28th July 2019.
- 2019 - Transformative Coaching - Face-to-Face, Blended, and Online in an Industrial Context, University of Central Oklahoma Transformative Learning Conference, Corrie, I & Benson, J.
- 2019 - Transformative Learning applied to Leadership and Behavioural change in Engineering, Military and Healthcare in the UK, University of Central Oklahoma Transformative Learning Conference, Corrie, I & Cunliff, E.
- 2019- Journal of Paramedic Practice, "Leadership in Training a Q&A with Ian Corrie", Vol 11, No2.
- 2018-"Can Transformative coaching develop reflective practice in coachee's and have an impact on their communities of practice? "ITLC Columbia University NY, Corrie, I & Cunliff, E.
- 2018-"On-line transformative community learning platform: enhancing individual and collective learning for engineering graduates as they transition from higher education into the workplace" ITLC Columbia University NY, Benson, J & Corrie, I.
- 2018-Army Medical Services Junior Leadership Forum Shrivenham - Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, Corrie, I & Harrington, R.
- 2018 -The application of Transformative Learning theory to Coaching and mentoring (Cumbria Research and Innovation 2018 Conference), Corrie, I & Lawson, R.
- 2018 -Critically reflecting on Transformative Coaching; A research presentation, (10th Annual Conference on Transformative Learning, University of Central Oklahoma, March 8th-9th 2018), Corrie,I & Cunliff,E.
- Corrie, I & Lawson, R, (2017)- Transformative executive coaching: considerations for an expanding field of research. Journal of Transformative Learning (JoTL), 4 (1). pp.50-59.
- 2016 - Transformative Coaching for Emotional Resilience in Healthcare Professionals, (12th International Conference for Transformative Learning, Tacoma, Washington State)
- 2012 – NeTNEP - Baltimore International Nursing Education Conference - Collaboration innovation and change - an e-learning approach to prescribing education in the United Kingdom Corrie, I, Sandiford J, Sherrington S, Warburton P (2012)
Recent external roles
- Journal of Transformative Learning, reviewer
- External Validator - Sunderland University
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Special Advisor
- Institute of Leadership and Management - Centre Manager
- Visitng Lecturer to Ecole Militaire, Paris France.
- Visiting Lecturer to University of Central Oklahoma.
- Honorary Colonel 335 Medical Evacuation Regiment, 2nd Medical Brigade