We have a range of excellent facilities available for staff, students and the general public. Please get in touch with us if you'd like more information.
Additional facilities for staff and students
Students and staff of the University of Cumbria can benefit from an enhanced sports card membership package that includes the use of all facilities at Salt Ayre.
Salt Ayre facilities:
- The fitness suite is a brand new 100 station facility comprising of an extensive range of fitness equipment including a free weights area.
- 33 metre pool with moveable floors and boom enabling varying pool depths, relaxing spa pool and children's waterslide. Members can also access the community swimming pools at Hornby, Carnforth and Heysham.
- XHeight is the ultimate indoor climbing challenge at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre. Made up of 18 exhilarating panels in a range of themes, including Fireman's Rescue, The Race and Galaxia.
- Other facilities include an immersive cycle studio, personal training and over 150 classes a week.
Facilities available to everyone
- Fitness Suite
Our air-conditioned fitness suite is equipped with rowers, treadmills, bikes, upper and lower body resistance machines, a selection of free weights and cross trainers.
Basic level fitness testing can be individually designed to give a benchmark level of fitness. Advanced testing can be conducted, please get in touch for more information.
- Sports Hall
Our large multi-purpose sports hall is suitable for a variety of sports, including basketball, volleyball and badminton.
- Grass and Artificial Pitches
Organising a tournament? Want a kick about with friends? Take your sports outside on our grass football pitch and floodlit artificial turf pitch.
- Human Performance Laboratory
The human performance laboratory, used within the degree programmes, is housed within the sports complex. It can accommodate individual, group and team bookings for advanced sports performance testing.