To make sure you're ready for university, here are some important items to bring with you in your first week.
All your important documents
This year, registration is through VFairs.
If you cannot register online, for any reason, please contact the Programme Administration team to make an appointment to register on campus. You can find their contact details at https://my.cumbria.ac.uk/Student-Life/Your-Studies/Contact-Programme-Administration/
You need to have formal identification with you during your online or face to face registration session so that we can verify your identity. We will ask you to show the document(s) to the camera during the registration process.
Please bring one of the following:
- a valid passport
- a valid photocard driving licence
- a valid photocard NUS card
- a valid proof of age ID card
If you don’t have any of the above, we need to see two from the following:
- utilities bill (from the last three months).
- birth certificate.
- information relating to any finance applications you have made or a bank or credit card statement dated within the last three months.
Remember to have with you any letters or documents from the University of Cumbria, details about your accommodation, proof of financial support, proof of disability (a letter from your GP or education psychologist assessment), and any information your academic department has asked for.
Access to enough money to last until your student loan comes through
We appreciate that money is a major factor and we make it our priority to give you all the help we can.
Get money advice
Living away from home
You may need to bring the following items with you:
- Bedding - sheets, duvet, pillows and covers
- Towels, including tea towels
- Crockery, cutlery and pans including oven dish and tray
- Cleaning materials
- Clothes hangers
- Toilet rolls
- PC or laptop
- A small rug or mat to protect your room carpet from stains
- Coasters and placemats
- Any electrical items you bring needs to have been PAT tested within the last 12 months.
A face covering
You will need to bring a face-covering with you to use on campus. More information is available here – including what to do if you can’t use a face covering.
What is provided in halls
Kettle, toaster, microwave, chopping board, ironing board, mop/bucket, dustpan and brush, vacuum cleaner and bedroom bin are provided. You’re likely to have one floor cupboard, one drawer, one wall cupboard, one shelf in the fridge and one drawer in the freezer.