“We take pride in being a community of equals where colleagues and students support and learn from one another, creating an enriching environment.’’ - Corporate Plan 2012-17
The University is committed to nurturing an environment where its employees, students and visitors are treated fairly and with respect at all times. We recognise that if we provide a fully inclusive working and studying environment, we will enable everyone to perform to the best of their ability. Recognising, embracing and valuing difference will lead to improvements for everyone, including:
- A more diverse staff and student population;
- A better working and studying environment;
- Attracting and retaining the very best staff and students;
- Achieving the University mission, vision and values;
- Meeting and exceeding the challenging targets and performance indicators in the University corporate plan.