The University of Cumbria works in close collaboration with a wide range of partners to enable us to share resources and knowledge that will further enrich our students experience at University. Where possible we aim to pool resources and information so that we can offer the best advice and learning to businesses.
- Giving the University the opportunity to help shape the direction of the combined Northern Powerhouse campaign.
- Being part of a network of like minded partners who are promoting the North, with the opportunity for collaboration.
- Direct support and celebration for our major projects and activities across the North from the government, including where possible directly by government Ministers.
- Providing joined-up support to local businesses. This enables us to offer relevant support for businesses across Carlisle and Lancashire. The university offer includes training and development, workshops and events, student and graduate placement opportunities and access to academic expertise.
- The National Trust is Europe’s largest conservation charity, protecting over a fifth of the land in the Lake District, including England’s highest mountain, Scafell Pike.
- Supported the nomination of the Lake District as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2016
- Collaboration on the joint development and delivery of new courses, including masters-level programmes
- The National Trust and the university work on research areas that awill benefit both parties
- Working closely with the Visitor and Rural economy to develop skills through our Apprenticeships courses.
- As a member of Carlisle Ambassadors we look to join other members in raising the profile of Carlisle, making it a better place to live, work, invest and visit.
- BECBC is a membership organisation so all board members are elected from the membership, are volunteers and serve a three year term. BECBC has over 300 members from across all disciplines, private and public sector – all predominantly serving the energy coast supply chain