1. Provide a flexible, modular structure for negotiating a programme of study which provides a coherent scheme and progression route recognising and valuing prior experience and learning and building on this through a process of transformative reflection.
2. Provide you with the opportunity to develop intellectual, analytical, and problem solving skills which encourage the development of mature and independent decision making, transformative reflection and reasoned judgement, linked to emergency and primary care.
3. Develop conceptual knowledge and practical understanding of how techniques of enquiry enable the critical analysis, interpretation and application of contemporary evidence within your sphere of influence, thus transforming practice.
4. Develop graduate key attributes within the lifelong learning context.
5. Facilitate your development of as a leader and/or change agent, able to respond to a dynamic practice environment.
6. Provide a learning experience which promotes the application of a robust client/user focus and a collaborative approach to both learning and practice.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
- We have extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers and have a well-established online study skills package for you to use
- Study on a modular basis – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Flexible funding options available - you can pay module by module or via student loan
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS, as paramedics and a range of other occupations
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students, so you'll never feel like you're studying in isolation
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
Download the personal statement guide
Get top tips on how to write the best university personal statementDownload Here