You will learn about the law and legal skills such as how to interview clients. You will take part in mock court cases (civil and criminal) and work on real-life legal problems.
Together with your fellow students, you will also get plenty of opportunity to network within the local legal sector. Past activities have included, for example, meeting with the judiciary, visits to prisons, tours of the police headquarters and work experience/training days with local firms of solicitors and barristers.
At the University of Cumbria we are committed to practical action-based learning as well as traditional learning activities.
On this course you will...
- Study at the #1 Law programme in the North West of England (Guardian, 2022).
- Examine the intricacies of the English legal system and compare it with other international legal systems.
- Participate in professional and personal development activities including advocacy and confidence in public speaking training, mooting, mock court trials and client interviewing competitions.
- Be supported in gaining work experience and making connections with local law firms and legal organisations.
- Develop confidence in independent thinking, teamwork, research and writing.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.