On this zoology degree, you’ll gain an understanding of wildlife monitoring techniques using professional kit, and cover a broad range of topics including evolution, ecology and conservation, with visits to a variety of habitats.
There will be plenty of opportunities for voluntary work with organisations such as Cumbria Wildlife Trust on our zoology course, boosting your CV and giving you hands-on experience across a range of species including butterflies, adders and birds. Our practical focused degree will equip you with not only the knowledge, but the real skills and confidence to become a zoologist.
On this course you will...
- Explore local nature reserves, rivers and woodland just a stone's throw from the university. Develop practical skills with first-hand experience.
- Study zoology with access to state-of-the-art labs on campus - a great place to collaborate with course-mates, learn about animals and work with top-quality equipment.
- Benefit from industry links that provide students with placement opportunities across Cumbria.
- Experience practical demonstrations, visits, and feedback from professionals.
- Have a place within the zoology society that meets weekly to assist in local conservation initiatives and discuss current concerns regarding zoology.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.