To break into the competitive but rewarding graphic design industry, you’ll need an exciting portfolio, excellent subject knowledge, the skills to use the latest equipment and technology used in the profession – and your own unique flair in creatively solving communication problems.
And our hands-on course, designed to take you to your creative limits, will enable you to do all of this to step smoothly and successfully into your career as a professional designer.
To see much more of what we do, please see our course blog.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Our aim is to give you the professional experience of being a graphic designer before you even graduate.
So, you’ll take on real-world, innovative project briefs, done in profession-expected timescales, and with a minimum of 25 in total, you’ll compile an impressive portfolio.
- Small classes mean we get to know you well and provide detailed, personal feedback throughout your studies
- 80% of your studies will be practical, so you’re not just learning, you’re doing graphic design
- Access to all of our workshop facilities including print-making, 3D printing, laser- cutting and animation suites
- Study and work in a huge, modern and professionally-equipped studio space
- Use the latest technology and software that you’ll use in the real world: Adobe Creative Cloud
- All tutors are experts in graphic design, magazine design, illustration and typography
- Our excellent industry links give you good networking opportunities, boosting your job prospects
- Complete a wide variety of projects so you can find and then focus on your specialities
- Study on our dedicated arts campus
- Practical demonstrations, visits and feedback from professional designers
You’ll learn the basic skills from idea visualisation to up-to-date multi-media practice on our dynamic course, allowing you to produce exciting designs across a wide range of traditional and digital media.
We’ll help you to build a portfolio to wow future employers, along with the confidence and creative skills necessary to stand out from the crowd as a professional designer when applying for a job.