On this course, you will explore human experience across a range of contexts and lifespans, from understanding the biological basis of behaviour to questioning the impact of social media on child development. You will learn the academic knowledge and practical skills you need to help make a difference in the lives of others. You’ll learn from industry-expert tutors through lectures, seminars and other learning opportunities.
This course will help you to develop the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career in Psychology or Counselling/Psychotherapy. This standout course adheres to the training requirements of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Upon graduation, you will be eligible to apply for individual membership of the BACP and apply for registration, subject to passing the BACP Proficiency.
On this course you will...
- Explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences.
- Develop key knowledge, skills and abilities to help you prepare for a career in counselling and psychotherapy or related psychotherapeutic professions.
- Have the opportunity to choose topics and areas that you want to learn more about to tailor your learning experience.
- Be taught and given high-quality support and guidance by our expert lecturing team, who are active in research and practices.
- Have the opportunity to get involved in a range of extracurricular activities including sessions by experts in the field of psychology and counselling.
- Benefit from our excellent links with regional and national charities, not-for-profit and penal institutions to gain work experience and enhance your job prospects.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.