Half of your course will be practical, focusing on research techniques, qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods, data handling and analysis skills, laboratory reports and communication skills. You’ll learn from industry-expert tutors through lectures and seminars. You’ll be encouraged to engage in career-enhancing voluntary work, giving you hands-on experience.
You will be eligible to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). The skills, knowledge and understanding you gain from the course will help you access a range of rewarding professions within psychology. You will be in the ideal position for a career in clinical, forensic or educational psychology, health education and promotion, counselling, social work, teaching, organisational behaviour, human resources, and prison or probation work.
On this course you will...
- Explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences.
- Be taught and given high-quality support and guidance by our lecturing team, who are active in research and practices.
- Learn valuable transferrable skills in research, which are highly sought after by employers.
- Have the opportunity to choose topics and areas that you want to learn more about to tailor your learning experience.
- Be able to shape your degree experience to your interests and career goals, allowing us to help you to reach your ideal future career.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.