If you have an enquiring mind and enjoy investigating and debating ideas, this Psychology course is for you. You’ll explore human experience across a vast range of contexts and lifespans - from understanding the biological basis of behaviour to questioning contemporary issues such as the impact of social media on child development.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), this course will help you develop the knowledge and skills you need for a successful career in Psychology.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll study humans' natural curiosities and you’ll do it innovatively with our course, this is so that you get every chance to boost your employability skills.
Backing up your theory with practical skills is an important part of the course. You’ll develop and hone skills, such as; research techniques, qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods; data handling and analysis skills, laboratory reports and communication skills.
- Ranked 7th nationally in the Guardian University Guide 2021
- Eligible to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS) on graduation
- Flexible module choices so you can carve your degree to suit your interests
- Taught by academic tutors with forensics, counselling and clinical backgrounds
- Tutors carry out pioneering research, which enhances your learning. Plus, it gives you the chance to take part in research
- We have a great reputation nationally for research methodology
- Our excellent links with regional and national charities, not-for-profit and penal institutions offers great work experience and job prospects
- There's an opportunity for you to study animal behaviour and zoology, which prepares you for a wide range of careers including teaching and research
- You have the opportunity to participate in field and research trips
- Our course offers a full range of extra-curricular activities e.g. Psychology Film Club, Enrichment Evening and Day time Seminars led by local and National Experts, Research Participation Scheme, Staff-Student Conference
You’ll be based in the bustling town of Carlisle which is within 20 minutes of Scotland in one direction and the stunning Lake District National Park in the other. You'll also be close to the spectacular North West coastline, so you’ll never be stuck for something to do.
Many of our full-time programmes can be studied over a longer period on a part-time basis. Please contact the course enquiries team for further details.