If you are passionate about pursuing a career in psychology but do not have the required qualifications for direct entry then the Integrated Foundation Year offers a supportive alternative route into Higher Education.
In years two to four, half of your course will be practical, focusing on research techniques, qualitative, quantitative and mixed methods, data handling and analysis skills, laboratory reports and communication skills. You’ll learn from industry-expert tutors through lectures and seminars. You’ll be encouraged to engage in career-enhancing voluntary work, giving you hands-on experience.
You will be eligible to apply for Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) with the British Psychological Society (BPS). The skills, knowledge and understanding you gain from the course will help you access a range of rewarding professions within psychology.
On this course you will...
- Explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences.
- Be taught and given high-quality support and guidance by our lecturing team, who are active in research and practices.
- Learn valuable transferrable skills in research, which are highly sought after by employers.
- Develop your knowledge and build a solid foundation of the core skills needed to progress onto the full degree programme.
- Be able to shape your degree experience to your interests and career goals, allowing us to help you to reach your ideal future career.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.