Our hands-on zoology course provides an understanding of wildlife monitoring techniques using professional equipment and covers a broad range of topics including evolution, ecology and conservation.
During your time with us you will have the opportunity to explore the local area and the many habitats it offers, such as the Eden River basin (close to our Carlisle Campus), the Lake District National Park and our wonderful Cumbrian coastline. On this zoology degree, you spend a substantial amount of time learning within the local habitats we have on our doorstep and where possible we choose to deliver experiential learning outdoors.
On this course you will...
- Benefit from a strong practical component to our modules and an emphasis on skills to enhance employment, helping prepare you for becoming a zoologist following your university studies.
- Experience Cumbria's unique natural environment for learning about wildlife, which provides a range of different habitats that are close enough to visit in a short walk or day trip.
- Make use of our modern and well-equipped facilities, for example our teaching laboratories.
- Gain a practical understanding of the most relevant key issues in zoology.
- Study zoology with a diverse range of modules that expertly weave together and map directly to our subject. None of the modules are inappropriately squeezed in from programmes that we already run.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.