Welcome to the University of Cumbria Graduate school.
About the PhD Programme
The University is committed to providing excellence in academic practice together with a supportive and stimulating environment in which to conduct your studies.
This is characterised by:
- Excellent supervision by a supervisory team
- A dedicated Graduate School
- Access to research networks
- Possibilities for supervised involvement in teaching
- Relevant training in research methodologies and skills
- Access to appropriate facilities to support research
Research degrees at the University of Cumbria are validated by Lancaster University.
Registration and Length of Programme
PhD: 3-4 years full-time or 4-7 years part-time
We have three registration points in the year: 1 January, 1 April and 1 October.
We strongly recommend that applicants make their applications as early as possible (and at least three months before their preferred start date).
Information of PhD programme fees are available here: