Choose your own independent research area in business, management and/or leadership which will enable you to strengthen and sustain your organisation and those who work in it, and to enhance engagement with other key stakeholders.
Develop your current knowledge of and skills in critical thinking, strategy-development and problem-solving and become part of a peer community of senior leaders sharing experience, gaining insight, and learning new business ideas, models, strategies and approaches ready to take back and action in the workplace.
On this course you will...
- Design and implement a research project that explores a specific management, leadership, and/or collaboration question
- Critically assess, select, and implement applied research methodologies and methods within complex organisational, leadership, collaboration contexts or more specific professional settings
- Synthesise, interpret, and rigorously apply relevant theoretical frameworks and research findings in relation to complex business, management and leadership contexts and issues
- Develop high-level analytical and conceptual skills, facilitating questioning and critical debate about established theoretical orthodoxy and challenges to such orthodoxy
- Engage in and manage a process of high level critical reflective personal and professional development leading to the enhancement of your own professional practice within an organisational context or a specific domain
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.