You’ll divide your time between academic study and practice-based placements. Working with highly experienced professionals you will support people accessing health and social care to boost your skills and confidence. Placements are available across the sector, including inpatient, community, private and voluntary sector provision. Additionally, there will be the opportunity for you to arrange an enrichment placement that could involve national or international work. Our academic staff will share their extensive professional expertise to develop your knowledge and understanding of nursing practice. You will develop your independent thinking and problem-solving skills. Learning will include the use of clinical labs, mock hospital wards, guest speakers, workshops and simulations. All of which will be supported by a wide variety of online learning opportunities, including our innovative virtual learning environment.
On this course you will...
- Develop skills that allow you to practice as a confident and competent nurse and enjoy a rewarding career in the area of nursing that excites you.
- Learn and work alongside all fields of nursing and recognise the contribution of each others expertise.
- Benefit from our friendly team with a wealth of collective experience to share with you and support you.
- Utilise modern facilities to enhance your clinical skill development and acquisition.
- Perform placements in both rural and urban areas, gaining diverse practice experience.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.