You'll divide your time equally between academic study and practice-based placements. You will be working with highly experienced professionals to support children, families and carers, and develop your skills and confidence. Placements are available across the sector including inpatient, community, private and voluntary sectors. Additionally, there is an opportunity for you to arrange an enrichment placement that could involve national or international work.
Our academic staff have extensive professional expertise and will develop your specialist knowledge and understanding of children's nursing practice. You will develop your independent thinking and problem-solving skills. Your learning will include the use of clinical labs, mock hospital wards, guest speakers, workshops and simulation. All of which will be supported by a wide variety of online learning opportunities, including our innovative virtual learning environment.
On this course you will...
- Be prepared for a dynamic career, working with children, young people and their families.
- Make use of first-class simulation facilities, allowing you to experience challenging cases and build your confidence in a safe environment.
- Complete placements in a wide variety of settings of both inner city and rural environments.
- Be taught by an experienced team of supportive practitioners with clinical experience in a wide range of settings.
- Achieve an NMC professional qualification and have a clear career trajectory when you graduate.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.