If you’re an experienced practitioner looking for a professional edge, then our course is the first step you need to work up to a master’s degree.
You have the opportunity to take a shortened study programme at level 7 that will give you a stimulating and engaging learning experience, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to be an innovator in your field.
We make it easier for you to reach your academic potential because flexibility and choice sit at the heart of our programme, so you can fit your studies around your busy life.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs, create your own programme title and select whether you want to study full or part-time, at one of our campuses or from your own home.
Whatever your area of professional practice, our multidisciplinary modules enable you to evidence your learning in relation to your workplace.
As a result of this flexibility, your day-to-day working practice will benefit straight away from your academic learning.
- We're amongst the UK's leading universities health and social care departments
- Choose to study at our Carlisle or Lancaster campuses or complete the course entirely by distance learning
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS and a range of other occupations
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students, so you'll never feel like you're studying in isolation
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers and have a well-established online study skills package for you to use
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
You can study gradually at a pace to suit you, starting with a single module and building towards your Post Graduate Certificate (60 credits). If you wish to study further, you can advance onto a Post Graduate Diploma (120 credits) and then a full Masters degree (180 credits).
Our aim is to see you become the best practitioner you can be and so we endeavour to give you the freedom and choice to study in a way that fits with your interests and lifestyle, even module-by-module, with support right along the way.