If you’re an experienced practitioner looking for a professional edge, our course will provide a stimulating and engaging learning experience, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to be an innovator in your field.
We make it easier for you to reach your academic potential because flexibility and choice sit at the heart of our programme, so you can fit your studies around your busy life.
Why choose University of Cumbria
Choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs, create your own programme title and select whether you want to study full or part-time, from your own home.
As a result of this flexibility, your day-to-day working practice will benefit straight away from your academic learning.
- We're amongst the UK's leading universities health and social care departments
- Complete the course entirely by distance learning
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS and a range of occupations
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students, so you'll never feel like you're studying in isolation
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers and have a well-established online study skills package for you to use
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
If you’d like to take things gradually, start with a single module, building towards your Post Graduate Diploma (120 credits) and then, if you wish, you can progress onto a full Masters degree (180 credits).
Our aim is to see you become the best practitioner you can be and so we endeavour to give you the freedom and choice to study in a way that fits with your interests and lifestyle, even module-by-module, with support right along the way.