This programme is ideal for practitioners working within a disaster, crisis and humanitarian field within military, ambulance service trusts, fire and rescue and NGO’s.
Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours to deliver interventions or lead in disaster, humanitarian and crisis settings. Broaden and deepen your perception of your role in such circumstances, including your management and resilience principles, shaping your ability to contribute more effectively to doctrine and policy developments that will ultimately improve yours and your team’s practise. By critically evaluating the evidence, your own personal experience and that of others, you will be able to apply credible, timely solutions to compound problems in response to natural or man-made incidents wherever they occur.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
- Unique range of modules.
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS and a range of other occupations;
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor;
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning;
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students, so you'll never feel like you're studying in isolation;
- We’ve extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers and have a well-established online study skills package for you to use;
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL);
- Add a specific title to your degree to reflect the subject area you’ve focussed on (student defined pathway)