Drawn from the learning of our well-respected PGCE provision, this online course allows you to attain a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Non-QTS) in a flexible learning framework. The two modules on this programme will enable you to critically analyse learning and teaching. In doing so you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key theories of learning and teaching and to reflect on their application in your chosen setting.
This incredibly flexible course is a unique option, perfect for people already working in an educational setting or looking to enter a career in this sector. Moreover, it is complimentary for those undertaking or who have completed an alternative route into teaching, such as the QTS Direct Assessment Only route or the SCITT route. It is also a wonderful option to support career progression, for those currently employed or volunteering in an educational setting.
On this course you will...
- Benefit from the flexibility of fully online course delivery.
- Be supported by expert academics and staff on a programme designed around you.
- Learn from an experienced, highly qualified programme team, working at the forefront of the academic field.
- Take a step forwards in your chosen education career path.
- Utilise cutting edge research on a newly revalidated and up-to-date course.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.