The aim of the module is to develop the knowledge and skills needed by those who are, and who aspire to be coaches and/or mentors within an organisational context by engagement with relevant coaching and mentoring literature and skills development.
Indicative content includes:
- Behavioural change models
- self assessment of personal coaching and mentoring skills
- coaching and mentoring theory
- models and approaches
- contracting and ethical issues in relation to coaching and mentoring;
- facilitation skills
- problem-solving techniques
- reflective practice
- the coaching cycle
- developing self-awareness
This short course can be used within both the PGCert in management and leadership in health and social care programme and the MSc in Practice Development.