The course will cover structured frameworks for assessment.
- The nature of minor illness/injury
- Assessment and treatment of:
- Minor head injury
- neck injury
- eye emergencies
- ear, nose and throat conditions
- sprains and strains
- wounds and skin conditions
- Legal, ethical and policy factors influencing first contact and emergency care
- Paediatric, older person and mental health disorder considerations when they present with Minor illness or injury
Having completed this module you may wish to bring these 20 credits into the PgC Emergency Care: Practice Development. Please discuss this opportunity with the module leader before completion of this module.