The aim of this module is to introduce you to basic counselling skills with a focus on the Person-Centred Approach.
We are offering the following Introduction to Counselling courses in 2021/22 - four evening courses (including two/three Saturdays) in Lancaster/Carlisle and one block course taught over one week in July (Lancaster). A further one-week course may be offered in Carlisle. You only need to attend one of the courses. Dates are listed below.
Evening Courses (30 hours teaching/contact)
The evening courses usually run on six consecutive Tuesday or Thursday evenings (depending on course location) from 17:00 - 20:00 and two Saturdays between the hours of 10:00 - 17:00.
Dates for 2021
- Course 1: Thursdays - 14th, 21st, 28th October,11th, 18th, 25th November and Saturdays - 23rd October, 13th November 2021 - Carlisle (Fusehill Street)
- Course 2: Saturdays - 6th, 20th November, 4th December and Tuesdays 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th November 2021 - Lancaster (Bowerham Road)
Dates for 2022 -
- Course 3: Thursdays – 26th May, 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th June and Saturdays 4th and 18th June 2022 - Carlisle (Fusehill Street).
- Course 4: Tuesdays – 31st May, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th June, 5th July and Saturday 11th and 25th June 2022 - Lancaster (Bowerham Road)
Week Block Courses (30 hours teaching/contact)
The week block courses are run Monday to Friday during one week between the hours of 10:00 – 17:00.
- Course 5 - Lancaster: Monday 18th - Friday 22nd July 2022
- Course 6 - Carlisle (Fusehill Street) - tbc
Please indicate in your personal statement which course you would prefer to attend.
Students who complete this course often go on to study the PgD/MA Counselling and Psychotherapy programme.