The aim of this module is to introduce you to basic counselling skills with a focus on the Person-Centred Approach.
We are offering the following Introduction to Counselling courses in 2021/22 - four evening courses (including two/three Saturdays) in Lancaster/Carlisle and one block course taught over one week in July (Lancaster). A further one-week course may be offered in Carlisle. You only need to attend one of the courses. Dates are listed below.
Evening Courses (30 hours teaching/contact)
The evening courses usually run on six consecutive Tuesday or Thursday evenings (depending on course location) from 17:00 - 20:00 and two Saturdays between the hours of 10:00 - 17:00.
Dates for 2022 -
- Course 1: Thursdays 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st March, and Saturdays 5th, 19th March and 2nd April 2022 - Carlisle (Fusehill Street). Please note for this delivery there are three Saturday attendances and four Thursday evening attendances.
- Course 2: Thursdays – 16th, 23rd, 30th June and 7th July 2022 and Saturdays 11th, 25th June and 9th July 2022 - Carlisle (Fusehill Street). Please note for this delivery there are three Saturday attendances and four Thursday evening attendances.
- Course 3: Tuesdays – 31st May, 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th June, 5th July and Saturday 11th and 25th June 2022 - Lancaster (Bowerham Road)
Week Block Courses (30 hours teaching/contact)
The week block courses are run Monday to Friday during one week between the hours of 10:00 – 17:00.
- Course 4 - Lancaster: Monday 18th - Friday 22nd July 2022
- Course 5 - Carlisle (Fusehill Street) - Monday 11th - Friday 15th July 2022
Please indicate in your personal statement which course you would prefer to attend.
Students who complete this course often go on to study the PgD/MA Counselling and Psychotherapy programme.