Academic and research interests
I am interested in the field of Inclusive Education, particularly the aspect of including pupils who might be classified as having Special Educational Needs/ Disabilities. I have a particular interest in the significance of Special school placements for students in Initial Teacher Training. I am committed to the development of PBL as an important mechanism for learning.
- Child, A. and Gager, A. (2004) 'Crossing Boundaries', Professional Development Today Autumn/Winter 2004 pp. 40-47.
- Gager A. (2007) 'Adapting Resources for children with Specific Needs' in D. Drews and A. Hansen (eds.) Using Resources to support Mathematical Learning (2007) Exeter: Learning Matters pp76 -95.
- Gager, A. (2006) 'Understanding and Managing Behaviour: using a problem based approach to teaching, learning and assessment.' SEDA Conference, Liverpool (2006).
- Gager, A. (2007: 'Apprenticeship or Compliance? A grounded theory analysis of perceptions surrounding school experience in ITE' ) European Conference of Educational Research Ghent, 2007.
- Gager, A. (2008) 'Meeting Children's Learning Needs: a case study approach to the introduction of a Post Graduate Certificate module, using practitioner research.' ECER Gothenburg 2
Gager, A. (2008) ECER 'The purpose of School Placements: a case study of the perceptions of trainee teachers towards their experiences in mainstream and specialist schools ECER Gothenburg 2008
Recent external roles
Cluster co-ordinator for HEIs in the Midlands, promoting TDA SEN/Disability materials.