Adult Nurse, specialising in Health Visiting, as well as working in clinical education and adverse events. Now a Senior Lecturer in the Simulation team, developing health simulation and technology-enhanced learning at the university.
Qualifications and memberships
Fellow of the Advance HE
PgCert in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education
PgDip in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing
Advanced Diploma in Adult Nursing
BA (Hons) Art: History and Culture
Academic and research interests
Current research (not yet concluded)
- Neurodivergence in academia (collaborative with Psychology team)
- ‘Scaffolding the concept of reflective models throughout a communication and interpersonal skills module on a pre-registration nursing course - An action research project’
- Technology evaluation in simulation
Currently studying modules in Philosophy and Technology-Enhanced Learning towards an MA Open at OU. Keen to work on ethics in relation to simulation.
- ‘Student led virtual antenatal classes: enhancing student autonomy and tackling placement capacity issues.’ Maternity and Midwifery Forum. 10th Nov 2021.
- ‘Neurodiversity Difference, not Deficit’. University of Cumbria. 7th July 2021.
Aubrey, C. (2011). ‘The first day of placement is never easy’. Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2011). ‘I know I can only be a portion of a real nurse if I do not become a team player’. Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2011). ‘Nursing is my day and night, so how do people with commitments cope?’. Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2011). ‘I have a confession to make, I found theatre nursing boring’. Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2011). ‘There are not enough staff and there is not enough time’. Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2011). How to make the most of your insight placement. Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2011). A part-time job – what a way to make a living! Nursing Times (Online)
Aubrey, C. (2010). Coping with death as a student. Nursing Times (Online)