Current projects include:
- Transformative Coaching – ProfDoc - Professional Doctorate
- Health Coaching
- Leadership and Behavioural change
- Disruptive Peadagogy
- Transformative Learning
- Military & NHS Leadership
Qualifications and memberships
PgDip (Merit) Personnel Management & Development
BA (Hons) Business Management
HNC Business Studies
MBTI Coaching Practitioner
Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development - CIPD
Fellow of the Institute of Leadership & Management - FInstLM
Member Institute for Collaborative Working - ICW
Member of the European Mentoring and COaching Council - EMCC
Academic and research interests
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Transformative Learning
- Transformative Leadership
- Reflective Practice
- Neuroscience in decision making and behaviour
- Behavioural change
- Disruptive Pedagogy
- Social Equality
Theme lead (shared) in Centre for Research in Health and Society (CRiHS)
Leadership in Healthcare
MSc Practice Development
Health and Wellbeing Coaching
- Corrie, I, Cunliff, E & Hayes, C (2021) Acknowledging Emotive Response and Epistemic Positionality: Disruptive Transformative Pedagogy Amidst a Global Pandemic (in press spring 2021).
- Rowland, T, Corrie, I & Hayes, C (2021) ‘Health Professions Pedagogy and Praxis: Transformative Perspectives for Military and Civilian Healthcare Education’, Routledge. (in press).
- Corrie, I (2021) ‘The use of credit in the recognition of prior learning with the armed forces’, in Turnbull, W, & Woolf, H‘, Credit practice in UKHE, Open University Press (in press).
- Hayes,C, Crane-Kramer, G, Corrie, I & Graham, Y (2021) 'Characteristic and Agentic Qualities of Women Leaders amidst Global Crises: Lessons for Higher Education, in Schnackenberg, HL and Simard, in Women and Leadership in Higher Education During Global Crises, IGI Global.
- Hayes, C & Corrie, I (2021) 'Epistemologies of Internationalisation: Framing Cultural Positionality for Higher Education, in Lock, D., Caputo, A., and Hack-Polay, D. (Eds) 'Borderlands:The Internationalisation of Higher Education Teaching Practices', Springer.
- Barclay, J & Corrie, I (2021) 'A case study of a university educator and students personal experience of transformative learning education during the coronavirus pandemic' Journal of Transformative Learning (Spring 2021).
- Corrie, Ian & Cunliff, Ed (2020) 'A case study:Can Transformative Coaching develop Reflexive practice in Coachees and have an impact on their communities of practice, Reflective Practice:International and Multidisciplinary Perpsectives (in press).
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian & Graham, Yitka, (2020) 'Emotional Labour amidst Covid 19:Focus on Paramedic Practice, Journal of Paramedic Practice.
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian & Rowland, Toby (2020) 'Doxa versus Dogma in Military Healthcare Pedagogical Leadership and Management', British Medical Journal Leader.
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian, (2020) 'Driving Insights via Processes of Sociemotional Being and Becoming', IG I Global Productions.
- Corrie, I, Lawson, R and Rowland, T (2020) Transformative Action Learning and Coaching in Healthcare Leadership, Journal of Transformative Learning.
- Hayes, Catherine, Corrie, Ian, (2020) 'Learner Centred Pedagogy - Framing Authentic Identity and Positionality in Higher Education, for IGI Global Productions
- Corrie, Ian, Lawson, Ron and Robinson, Peter (2019) Transformative Learning in Practice: a students perspective. Learning & Teaching Fest 3rd July 2019, University of Cumbria, Carlisle.
- Corrie, I and Ralph, S, (2019), Using articulation for the Army pre-hospital emergency care Cert HE and Army Uplift contract - Building bridges with credit, NUCCAT Conference, University of Cumbria, 28th July 2019.
- 2019 - Transformative Coaching - Face-to-Face, Blended, and Online in an Industrial Context, University of Central Oklahoma Transformative Learning Conference, Corrie, I & Benson, J.
- 2019 - Transformative Learning applied to Leadership and Behavioural change in Engineering, Military and Healthcare in the UK, University of Central Oklahoma Transformative Learning Conference, Corrie, I & Cunliff, E.
- 2019- Journal of Paramedic Practice, "Leadership in Training a Q&A with Ian Corrie", Vol 11, No2.
- 2018-"Can Transformative coaching develop reflective practice in coachee's and have an impact on their communities of practice? "ITLC Columbia University NY, Corrie, I & Cunliff, E.
- 2018-"On-line transformative community learning platform: enhancing individual and collective learning for engineering graduates as they transition from higher education into the workplace" ITLC Columbia University NY, Benson, J & Corrie, I.
- 2018-Army Medical Services Junior Leadership Forum Shrivenham - Defence Academy of the United Kingdom, Corrie, I & Harrington, R.
- 2018 -The application of Transformative Learning theory to Coaching and mentoring (Cumbria Research and Innovation 2018 Conference), Corrie, I & Lawson, R.
- 2018 -Critically reflecting on Transformative Coaching; A research presentation, (10th Annual Conference on Transformative Learning, University of Central Oklahoma, March 8th-9th 2018), Corrie,I & Cunliff,E.
- Corrie, I & Lawson, R, (2017)- Transformative executive coaching: considerations for an expanding field of research. Journal of Transformative Learning (JoTL), 4 (1). pp.50-59.
- 2016 - Transformative Coaching for Emotional Resilience in Healthcare Professionals, (12th International Conference for Transformative Learning, Tacoma, Washington State)
- 2015 - University of Cumbria Teaching and Learning Conference, "ILM Professional Qualifications for CPD", Corrie, I & Harrington, R.
- 2012 – NeTNEP - Baltimore International Nursing Education Conference - Collaboration innovation and change - an e-learning approach to prescribing education in the United Kingdom Corrie, I, Sandiford J, Sherrington S, Warburton P (2012)
Recent external roles
- Journal of Transformative Learning, reviewer
- External Validator - Sunderland University
- European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Special Advisor
- Visitng Lecturer to Ecole Militaire, Paris France.
- Visiting Lecturer to University of Central Oklahoma.
- Honorary Colonel 335 Medical Evacuation Regiment, 2nd Medical Brigade