Qualifications and memberships
Membership in Professional Bodies
- The Academy of Management
- The British Academy of Management
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK)
BA, Msc, PhD
Academic and research interests
Research interest in Careers, Human Resource Management and Organisational Studies.
- Early Career Researcher Grant. University of Cumbria (2017)
- Mouratidou, M. (2020, forthcoming). Career stories of four UK academics: paths, issues and motivations. In M. Antoniadou & M. Crowder (Eds.). How to be an academic in the modern Higher Education Arena. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Crowder, M & Mouratidou, M. (2020, forthcoming). Moving from industry to academia. In M. Antoniadou and M. Crowder (Eds). How to be an academic in the modern higher education arena. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Mouratidou, M. & Crowder, M. (2019, forthcoming). What happens when Grounded Theory meets translation? Reflecting upon the complexities of researching in a foreign language. Sage: Research methods cases – Business and Management.
- Mouratidou, M. & Crowder, M. (2018). Translation issues in Grounded theory. Academy of Management Conference, Chicago, IL (10-14 August)
- Mouratidou, M. & Crowder, M. (2018). Emotional labour in the Hellenic heath sector: A Grounded Theory study. The British Academy of Management Conference, Bristol (4-6 September)
- Mouratidou, M., Atkinson, C., Lupton, B., Antoniadou, M. (2017). Exploring the Kaleidoscope Career Model in Austerity. Academy of Management Conference, Atlanta (4-8 August).
- Mouratidou, M., Atkinson, C., Lupton, B. & Antoniadou, M. (2016). The career needs of the crisis. UFHRD conference, Manchester (8-10 June)
- Mouratidou, M., Atkinson, C., Lupton, B. & Antoniadou, M. (2015). Exploring careers in austerity through the lens of the kaleidoscope career, the case of the Hellenic Public sector. British Academy of Management Conference, Portsmouth, UK (6-8 September)
Recent external roles
- External Verifier, University of Staffordshire (2016 – present) (Strategy and HRM, undergraduate and postgraduate)
- External examiner, University of Brighton (2017 – present) (HRM and OB, undergraduate level)