Qualifications and memberships
Membership in Professional Bodies
- The Academy of Management
- The British Academy of Management
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK)
BA (Hons) Msc, PhD
Academic and research interests
Research interest in Careers, Human Resource Management and Organisational Studies.
- Early Career Researcher Grant. University of Cumbria (2017)
- Mouratidou, M. & Grabarski, M.K.(2021) Careers in the greek public sector: Calibrating the kaleidoscope. Career Development International. Accepted for publication 5th of February 2021.
- Mouratidou, M., Crowder, M. & Scott, H. (2020) Grounded Theory through the lenses of interpretation and translation. The Grounded Theory Review,19, (2), 36-56.
- Mouratidou, M. (2020). Career stories of four UK academics: paths, issues and motivations. In M. Antoniadou & M. Crowder (Eds.). How to be an academic in the modern Higher Education Arena. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Crowder, M. & Mouratidou, M. (2020). Moving from industry to academia. In M. Antoniadou and M. Crowder (Eds). How to be an academic in the modern higher education arena. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Mouratidou, M &Grabarski, M.K. (2021) Academics Abroad: Career Narratives. Canadian Association for Work and Labour Studies Annual Conference.Online (1-3 June 2021)
- Mouratidou, M. & Crowder, M. (2020) Linguistic barriers: problems when conducting ethnographic research. British Academy of Management, Online. ( 2-4 September 2020)
- Mouratidou, M. & Grabarski, M. K. ( 2019) Reconstructing the Kaleidoscope Career Model to complex contexts. Eastern Academy of Management Conference. Wilmington, Delaware USA ( 8-11 May)
- Grabarski, M.K. & Mouratidou, M (2019) Career Empowerment: A New Perspective on Career Motivation. Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA (9-13 August)
- Mouratidou, M. & Crowder, M. (2018). Translation issues in Grounded theory. Academy of Management Conference, Chicago, IL (10-14 August)
- Mouratidou, M. & Crowder, M. (2018). Emotional labour in the Hellenic heath sector: A Grounded Theory study. The British Academy of Management Conference, Bristol (4-6 September)
- Mouratidou, M., Atkinson, C., Lupton, B., Antoniadou, M. (2017). Exploring the Kaleidoscope Career Model in Austerity. Academy of Management Conference, Atlanta (4-8 August).
- Mouratidou, M., Atkinson, C., Lupton, B. & Antoniadou, M. (2016). The career needs of the crisis. UFHRD conference, Manchester (8-10 June)
- Mouratidou, M., Atkinson, C., Lupton, B. & Antoniadou, M. (2015). Exploring careers in austerity through the lens of the kaleidoscope career, the case of the Hellenic Public sector. British Academy of Management Conference, Portsmouth, UK (6-8 September)
Recent external roles
- External Verifier, University of Staffordshire (Strategy and HRM, undergraduate and postgraduate)
- External examiner, University of Brighton (HRM and OB, undergraduate level)