ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Sacred Heart is a high achieving, aspirational, innovative and creative place for children to learn. This is because of our highly dedicated team who work in partnership with our families to ensure an up to date curriculum is offered, enhanced by our unique attributes –
- We are an established Teaching School, with many of our staff working as System Leaders to promote the common good in education across our Alliance and beyond.
- Our Specialist Leader in Cultural Education leads our ITT provision, along with our National Leader of Education, focused on developing and promoting high standards and successful teaching and learning.
- Effective peer-peer staff coaching programme to ensure all our team ‘shine’.
- Outdoor learning & environmental areas to engage all learners and promote active and experiential learning opportunities across the curriculum [Urban Farm: allotments, fire-pit, workshop, sensory areas, habitats and cared for creatures including sheep, goats, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks, chickens & fish].
- Excellent online communication tools and computing hub/maker space, promoting STEaM, cross-curricular collaboration and problem-solving.
- Established and successful networking with partners through a range of activities and partnerships.
Since September 2014, Sacred Heart has been working in partnership with the University of Cumbria and local schools to create a pathway into teaching through the School Direct Programme, leading to the award of PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status.
This alliance promotes innovation and creativity, aiming for excellence in all we do. Our intention is to train, coach and mentor to the highest of standards which reflect the high-quality provision in our schools.
Our schools are experienced in Initial Teacher Training through strong and established links with local universities. We are looking to recruit outstanding trainees committed to our shared ethos of innovation and challenge.
Sacred Heart RC Primary School & Heart TSA is the lead school for School Direct places. Whilst applications will be made via naming the lead school, the School Direct places are at a number of different schools within the Alliance.
In addition to home school placements, you will have three main placements during the course of the year in varied and inspiring schools, providing experience in different environments and thereby allowing you to make an informed decision when applying for posts. The Alliance, whilst not offering or guaranteeing employment for any graduate, has agreed to look first at our own talented pool if a vacancy arises.