Lancaster offers the peace of a small town with the facilities of a major city. If you’re coming to study here, find out what our accommodation can offer you.
Halls of Residence
We have over 447 rooms in our Lancaster residences, all within short distance of the university and city centre. Our two catered residences are located on-campus, a mix of old and new buildings set in its own parkland. Our third residence is a converted mill and part of Lancaster’s attractive canal-side development. Spectacular views across the city, Morecambe Bay and the Lakeland Fells can be seen from The View! Restaurant, located at the top of the Gateway building.
Café Martineau offers a spacious and relaxed environment to catch up with friends over lunch, or relax with a freshly-made coffee and cake. Our multi-purpose sports hall and fitness suite is available to book for all students.
- A range of bedroom types including Ensuite and Standard Single rooms.
- Broadband WiFi access throughout all halls of residence
- Central heating, water, WiFi and electricity costs are included
- Shared Communal Lounges/Kitchens and shared bath/shower rooms
- Adapted rooms for students with mobility or hearing impairments
- Bike store on site and Bike Hire Scheme available
- Residence Life Assistant on site responsible for the development of communities within halls, operating a wide range of events to students on and off Campus
- On Site Laundry facilities
- Onsite Cash Machine located adjacent to the Gateway Building
Please note that all areas within the halls of residence are non-smoking.