Lancaster is a vibrant University city offering all the benefits of a great student life experience within a small and welcoming community . If you’re coming to study here, find out what our accommodation can offer you.
Halls of Residence
Our Lancaster campus is set in beautiful parkland just a short walk from the city centre, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds. We have over 447 rooms in our Lancaster residences: our two catered residences are located on-campus, while our third residence is a converted mill and part of Lancaster’s attractive canal-side development.
In the summer of 2016 we undertook a major project in Waddell Hall, investing £0.5m in refurbishing the hall and increasing the number of ensuite rooms on campus.
The onsite facilities include the View restaurant, within the Student Gateway building, Café Martineau which offers a spacious and relaxed environment to catch up with friends over lunch, or relax with a freshly-made coffee and cake and a multi-purpose sports hall and fitness suite which is available to book for all students.
If you choose to study at our Lancaster campus we will guarantee you a place in our halls of residence for incoming first years 2017/18.
- A range of bedroom types including Ensuite and Standard Single rooms.
- Broadband WiFi access throughout all halls of residence
- Central heating, water, WiFi and electricity costs are included
- Shared Communal Lounges/Kitchens and shared bath/shower rooms
- Adapted rooms for students with mobility or hearing impairments
- Bike store on site and Bike Hire Scheme available
- Residence Life Assistant on site responsible for the development of communities within halls, operating a wide range of events to students on and off Campus
- On Site Laundry facilities
- Onsite Cash Machine located adjacent to the Gateway Building
Please note that all areas within the halls of residence are non-smoking.