* subject to validation
Love writing and want a Creative Writing degree that could unlock exciting career opportunities?
Well, we’ve put together this innovative course that will harness your creative thinking, develop literary techniques, enable you to explore a range of genres and hone your digital writing skills.
You’ll study surrounded by the iconic scenery of the Lake District National Park – now a World Heritage Site - which inspired some of Britain’s greatest writers, including Wordworth, Ransome, Potter and Ruskin.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll be able to get a firm grasp of writing fiction, creative non-fiction, script and poetry, but we’ll also equip you with digital writing, including blog and website content, and editing skills.
Plus, you’ll gain an insight into the professional world of writing and kick-start your literary portfolio with opportunities to contribute to external publications.
- Develop vital employability skills to assist you in securing a job or to run your own business
- You’ll have the freedom to develop your own creative pieces
- You’ll create a portfolio to present to future employers
- Studying on a dedicated arts institute means you’re in a vibrant and creative community to fire your imagination
- You’ll be a part of Carlisle’s thriving literary scene
- Small class sizes enable us to help you develop and flourish throughout your studies
- Our tutors are all experienced writers
- You have the flexibility to choose from a range of innovative modules
- Develop your digital and new media skills to strengthen your CV
- You’ll have opportunities to contribute to external publications
Wherever your passion for writing takes you – be it freelance writing, working in publishing or writing content for online media – we’ll equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to successfully step into the job market.