About Teach Bolton
The Teach Bolton School Direct programme is highly nurturing and trainee-focused; we ensure that each trainee receives a tailored programme to suit their needs, identified from their first meeting with us at the interview. The course is overseen by experienced School Direct Programme Leads, facilitated by highly effective mentors and has an exceptional record of achievement from our higher education providers, the University of Cumbria.
Our programme is well-established; we have been involved in School Direct teacher training with the University of Cumbria from its very first year and we are proud to celebrate a 100% employment record for students completing our School Direct Programme. Teach Bolton is run through a network of ten placement school partners throughout the area. Some of these partner schools are part of wider multi-academy trusts, teaching schools and alliances – giving our trainees a variety of professional networks to make use of from their first day.
Who are we looking for?
We have the highest standards for our initial teacher training courses and expect our trainees to demonstrate their commitment to the course from their interview, through to graduation. We seek applications from candidates who are passionate about educating children to increase their opportunities, who are good listeners and enjoy working collaboratively, who understand the benefit of learning from mistakes and are ambitious and resilient in their drive to succeed. We are looking for engaging, passionate and resilient trainees to take on the challenge of becoming the best teacher they can be for their pupils, with pride in their unique vocation.
Why study with Teach Bolton?
We look beyond course completion. Join us for your teaching journey and make a difference, from day one. Train to teach in your local school. Meet new friends, start to build your professional network and make a difference to local children.
The Outstanding SS Simon & Jude CE Primary School, in Bolton, is the lead school in the successful Teach Bolton Primary Partnership.
Our personalised programme supports you to:
- Become a confident teacher
- Be NQT ready
- Identify your leadership and career goals
- Build effective career networks
Teaching is a career, not a course. We support you beyond completion and we begin from your interview.
School Direct is a great pathway to become a teacher as you will be surrounded with expert support and guidance from your colleagues. Within our partnership schools you will meet newly qualified teachers and former School Direct trainees, as well as National Leaders of Education, Specialist Leaders of Education and outstanding teachers – all ready with advice, support, experience and skills to kick-start your teaching journey. School Direct is the ideal opportunity to build up teaching contacts throughout the year and form good impressions amongst your peers in readiness for that all important job interview, ready to secure your first teaching post as a Newly Qualified Teacher.
The key features of our Teach Bolton programme include:
- Team Induction Day at the start of the course.
- Peer working with a small group of up to fifteen School Direct trainees.
- A focus on your personal learning journey and well-being. We care about you!
- A typical week consists of three days in placement and two days taught sessions.
- Three blocks of assessed placements where you will be in school full-time.
- Experience in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
- Training, mentoring and coaching from highly experienced classroom practitioners.
- Guidance and support from dedicated programme mentors.
- PGCE modules delivered by University of Cumbria tutors.
- A strong focus on broadening your pedagogical understanding.
- Successful completion leads to the award of PGCE and QTS, by University of Cumbria, with 60 credits towards your Masters Degree.