This BEng (Hons) Advanced Manufacturing degree was designed in collaboration with BAE Systems to embed all the employability skills and commercial awareness you will need to launch a successful career. With links to the advanced manufacturing cluster of engineering industries located around Barrow-in-Furness, you will gain practical experience of manufacturing engineering whilst learning how technical engineering is applied in the real world from day one.
Manufacturing is a fast-paced and constantly developing global industry. To ensure that your degree is future-proof, we have developed the course to meet the Engineering Council’s most recent ‘Accreditation of Higher Education’ standard (AHEP4).
In between years two and three of this degree, you will have the option of taking a year in industry. This is a year-long period of paid work experience that does not count towards your final degree classification. If chosen, this is an excellent opportunity to apply your learning to the world of work, gain industrial training and develop connections within the industry.
On this course you will...
- Develop the technical knowledge, and commercial and social awareness, to be ready for an exciting career in engineering.
- Use all your powers of creativity and innovation to make the products, processes and engineering systems of the future.
- Study in a brand-new purpose built facility that has been designed to include all of the modern facilities and equipment you need to make a success of your course.
- Have access to some of the worlds major employers right on you doorstep.
- Study a degree that was designed in collaboration with BAE so that you can be equipped with all of the knowledge and skills that employers really need.
- Have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and boost your employability with an optional, year-long paid work placement as part of your degree.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.