Love writing and want a Creative Writing course that could unlock exciting career opportunities?
Well, we’ve put together this innovative course that will harness your creative thinking, develop literary techniques, enable you to explore a range of genres and hone your digital writing skills.
You’ll study surrounded by the iconic scenery of the Lake District National Park – now a World Heritage Site - which inspired some of Britain’s greatest writers including Wordsworth, Ransome, Potter and Ruskin.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
This DipHE is a unique diploma offering you the opportunity to study creative writing within the vibrant creative community of the Institute of the Arts in Carlisle.
In your first year, you’ll take the same modules as the BA (Hons) Creative Writing students and if you pass, you can move onto the full three year BA.
You’ll be able to get a firm grasp of writing fiction, creative non-fiction, script and poetry, but we’ll also equip you with digital writing, including blog and website content, and editing skills.
- Develop vital employability skills to assist you in securing a job or to run your own business
- Freedom to develop your own creative pieces
- Create a portfolio to present to future employers
- Studying on a dedicated arts campus means you’re in a vibrant and creative community to fire your imagination
- Part of Carlisle’s thriving literary scene
- Small class sizes enable us to help you develop and flourish throughout your studies
- Our tutors are all experienced writers
- You have the flexibility to choose from a range of innovative modules
- Develop your digital and new media skills to strengthen your CV
You'll study on a dedicated Arts Institute in Carlisle within a vibrant creative environment. This means you will have access to the cultural productions of film making, wildlife and media, theatre, art and photography and we expect that this will fire your imagination to create unique work.
Wherever your passion for writing takes you – be it freelance writing, working in publishing or writing content for online media – we’ll equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to successfully step into the job market.