4 Steps to Help You Take Control of Clearing
Waiting for exam results can be stressful and generate a lot of anxiety, but there are things you can do right now to ease some of the anxiety and be a step of head when it comes to Clearing 2019.
1. RESEARCH NOW
You can start exploring and researching a new course right now. Whether you think you may not have the right exam results or you are having second thoughts about the choice you have made, you can research and make a shortlist of university courses that interest you. This is the whole point of clearing. Whether you want to make a late application, need a back-up if you do not get the right A levels or other qualifications or you want to change to another university or course you can prepare now and take the stress out of Clearing.
2. REFRESH YOUR PERSONAL STATEMENT
Now is an excellent opportunity to revisit your statement and reflect on the strengths, skills and experiences you highlighted at the time, so you can communicate this clearly and effectively when you speak to UCAS and the universities you contact. Reading your statement again should also help you remember what your priorities were then and establish what they are now – it may prompt you to consider different things when looking for new courses in Clearing. This will also help you keep in mind your experience and strengths if you are called for an interview or need to answer any questions over the phone.
3. THINGS TO AVOID & MUST DOs
- Make sure you are not away on holiday when you are due to get your results – 16 August
- Involve your parents, teachers and others to support you and provide advice
- Go into school or college on exam results day to get the exact marks and UCAS points and talk with your teachers/lecture about next steps if you do not get the results you expect, or you want to change your choice of course or university
4. DON’T WORRY, WE’VE GOT YOU
Clearing can be very stressful, but our team at the University of Cumbria are here to help. There are still spaces available in a few of our courses including Policing, Law, Nursing, Sports Rehabilitation, Arts, Teaching and Primary Health. And if you don’t make the grades necessary, you can still do an Integrated Foundation Degree to get you ready for your course of choice.
Give our Clearing Hotline a call today on 0808 273 8784 for a free 1-2-1 discovery session with one of our experts to discuss your options. We’ve got you.
You can also find us at the following clearing roadshows:
- 9th Aug - Preston St George's Shopping Centre
- 9th Aug - Lancaster City Centre
- 10th Aug - Bolton Town Centre
- 10th - 11th Aug - Blackpool Air Show
- 16th - 17th Aug - Lancaster City Centre
- 16th Aug - Carlisle City Centre
- 17th Aug - Carlisle City Centre
- 24th Aug - Belfast Abbey Mall
- 24th - 25th Aug - Newcastle City Centre
- 25th Aug - Belfast City Centre
- 30th Aug - Blackpool Light Switch On
- 31st Aug – Kendal
- 5th - 7th Sep - Dumfries Doonhame Festival
- 6th - 7th Sep - Hexham Town Centre
- 13th - 14th Sep - Morecambe
- 13th Sep – Workington
- 14th Sep - Preston