Eco-innovation Cumbria is a 4-year programme to help SMEs just like yours to improve efficiency, grow capacity and develop new solutions for industry.
Eco-innovation Cumbria will help SMEs to:
- Identify and create opportunities to supply into the low carbon market
- Develop a multi-sector network across Cumbria
- Increase innovation in low carbon technologies
- Access academic expertise and specialist resource
- Develop products or processes which reduce greenhouse gases
- Increase engagement in Research and Development
- Provide exchange of knowledge to encourage companies to develop new products and services
If you are an SME based in Cumbria and think this is of interest, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01228 888740 or contact Glyn Griffiths directly at email@example.com or call 07779 132185.
Open Innovation Workshops
3 reasons your business should be using life cycle thinking
Responding to the need to reduce single-use plastics
Electric Vehicles: Understanding the Business Case (Cars,Vans, Fleets)
Date: 26th September 2018
Time: 9:30am – 15:30pm
Location: Langdale Hotel, Great Langdale, Ambleside
Cost: Free for eligible Cumbrian SMEs (buffet lunch included)
The focus of the workshop will be to develop understanding of the changing environment for Electric Vehicles (EV) and the business case for starting to use or plan their introduction into your business.
Content (to be confirmed)
- The electric vehicle revolution – the UK Policy Context (Clean Air Act, Diesel scrappage, CO2 targets, pollution levels, taxation, technology etc.)
- Policy and Practice in Cumbria – What’s been happening? (Cumbria County Council, LDNPA, LEP, Britain’s Energy Coast, charge points etc.)
- How does an electric vehicle work? (Charging, emissions, range, lifespan, warranties etc.)
- Charging – What, where, how long, how much?
- Running a fleet of electric vehicles – sharing the experiences of two Cumbrian companies
- Electric Vehicles – Comparative running costs
- Financing fleets – Better to own, to lease, hire purchase….what’s on offer?
- Looking to the future – how the market and challenges might develop
- Identifying barriers – what needs to change in Cumbria for businesses to benefit? (both potential customers and vehicle dealers)
Register now for Electric Vehicles: Understanding the Business Case
Eco-Innovation Cumbria MSc Research Projects
The Eco-Innovation Cumbria project is supporting the following new MSc research projects in collaboration with South Cumbria Rivers Trust, the Friends of the Lake District and Portable Ecosystems Ltd.
To find out more, and to apply follow the links below (pdf documents):
MSc Research Project for South Cumbria Rivers Trust
MSc Research Project for Friends of the Lake District
MSc Research Project for Portable Ecosystems Ltd
Student internships – application form for students
Paid opportunities are advertised on the University of Cumbria Jobshop
Search using keyword ‘Cumbria’.
Please use this application form and follow the instructions to apply for any of the advertised internships with local businesses.
Grow your idea
If you are interested in finding out more, get in touch today to discuss the eligibility of your business with one of our team.
Call us on 01228 888740 or contact Glyn directly on 07779 132185
The programme is led by the University of Cumbria, partnering with Lancaster University and the University of Central Lancashire, and funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)