Eco-innovation Cumbria is a 4-year programme to help SMEs just like yours to improve efficiency, grow capacity and develop new solutions for industry.
Eco-innovation Cumbria draws to a close at the end of 2020 - for an insight into the successes of the project and details of how to be involved in the new Eco-I NW programme please see the Eco Innovation Review or email email@example.com
The programme has been funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and has brought together expertise from the University of Cumbria, University of Central Lancashire and Lancaster University.
Eco-innovation Cumbria has helped SMEs to:
- Identify and create opportunities to supply into the low carbon market
- Develop a multi-sector network across Cumbria
- Increase innovation in low carbon technologies
- Access academic expertise and specialist resource
- Develop products or processes which reduce greenhouse gases
- Increase engagement in Research and Development
- Provide exchange of knowledge to encourage companies to develop new products and services
If you are an SME based in Cumbria and think this is of interest, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01228 888740 or contact Glyn Griffiths directly at email@example.com or call 07779 132185.
Student internships – how to search & apply
Paid opportunities are advertised on our current vacancies section of the website
If you are interested in signing up for notifications of our internship opportunities please sign up here
Benefits of taking on an internship include:
- Getting paid fairly for the work you do
- Adding to your CV by increasing your skills, knowledge & experience
- Helping you to gain an insight into the way organisations operate and the challenges they face
- Giving you and the employer a chance to 'try before you buy' and clarify whether this type of work is really for you
Reasonable travel expenses will be paid and an academic leader will support you whilst you are undertaking your internship and a dedicated project manager will help you along the way.
Open Innovation Workshops
For upcoming innovation workshops for SMEs in Cumbria, see below;
1st Oct 2020
This Eco-Strategy workshop will provide a framework to develop a coordinated environmental business strategy that will help both our environment and support longer term business growth and sustainability.
Online, via Zoom
Grow your idea
If you are interested in finding out more, get in touch today to discuss the eligibility of your business with one of our team.
Call us on 01228 888740 or contact Glyn directly on 07779 132185
The programme is led by the University of Cumbria, partnering with Lancaster University and the University of Central Lancashire, and funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)