The needs of primary teacher educators across England in relation to their ITE curriculum development
A case study project carried out by the Teacher Education Advancement Network (TEAN) at the University of Cumbria
TEAN undertook this project in January 2010 with the following aims:
- To explore the needs of ITE providers in relation to their primary ITE curriculum development;
- To provide an insight into the critical issues and challenges facing ITE providers in regard to preparing teachers for primary curriculum design and implementation;
- To provide an analysis of the current development needs of both primary teacher educators in higher education and teacher mentors in schools;
- To provide resources for the teacher education community for delivering primary ITE in relation to their primary ITE curriculum development
Additionally, the objective was to carry out its aims through the development, evaluation and analysis of real case studies in ITE designed to meet the challenges facing ITE providers.
The outcomes of this exciting project are presented here, click on the links to access the wealth of material available to you:
- Firstly you will find the final report. This outlines the full project and gives a comprehensive perspective on the primary curriculum through the findings of ITE co-ordinators' events, the online survey which many of you from the sector returned to TEAN, and the case studies.
- Secondly you will find a full online resource constructed by the three providers who carried out the case studies: Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Cumbria, and University of East London. This resource is an extremely rich repository which is inspirational and can by used by both teacher educators and their students.