Designed specifically to enhance your existing nursing skills and lead to NMC registration as a District Nurse. You will receive a Postgraduate Diploma for District Nursing with Integrated Independent Prescribing at Level 7.
- A systematic understanding of knowledge and critical awareness of current problems and new insights, informed by the forefront of district nursing professional practice
- Skills of enquiry and research
- Coaching and teaching, Enhanced communication skills
- Decision making skills in complex and unpredictable situations
- Leadership and management skills, prioritisation of individual and team work-load and case-load management
- Advanced systematic history, consultation and physical assessment skills
- Prescribing skills
Features of the programme:
- The programme is 50% theory and 50% practice within District Nursing under the supervision of a qualified Practice Assessor and Practice Supervisor
- Successful students will have a specialist practitioner qualification recorded with the NMC
- The programme utilises an integrated theory and practice approach that will develop skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary for safe and effective specialist practice.
- Staff highly regarded by students and practice placement partners for our teaching in this area, the University of Cumbria has a strong reputation for its District Nurse training. You will work with skilled academics who have held senior roles in District Nursing.
- Excellent academic and pastoral support
All of our students are employed in the National Health Service (NHS); after graduation, our alumni generally pursue roles with NHS service providers that are commensurate with the professional qualification of Specialist Practitioner: District Nursing. As a clinician, educator, manager and leader you’ll proactively meet changing health care needs and the expectations and demands of individuals, groups and populations. You will have enhanced employment opportunities including senior roles in a wide variety of positions.