With a shortage of marine and freshwater scientists in the UK, there’s never been a better time to study to become a future expert in the world of aquatic conservation.
So, we’ve designed you a unique course - with the guidance of professional environmental consultants and aquatic scientists - so you can study freshwater and marine conservation together in one degree.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
Your studies at our Ambleside campus will be unrivalled - we're the only UK university with a campus within a national park and in an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
So, forget sporadic, end of term field trips and research, you’ll have an abundance of rivers, lakes and coastline on your doorstep to gain plenty of hands-on, practical science throughout every term.
- Prepared for employment in conservation, environmental and research fields
- Easy access to the waters of the Lake District and coastal ecosystems
- Use of up-to-date facilities in our new laboratories
- Flexibility to customise your learning and carve your future career by selecting modules
- Hone practical, taxonomic and analytical skills to the high-level that future employers will demand
- Exciting, international field trips and placements for hands-on experience
- Great contacts with wildlife, water and conservation organisations to enhance your job prospects
- Taught by tutors involved in international research, which will enhance your learning and ensure it is up-to-date
- Small class sizes mean we get to know you well and give you close support during your studies
If you have the passion for helping our planet's future, then we’ll help you gain the aquatic environment knowledge, skills and practical experience you need to graduate as a professional aquatic scientist who can make a difference.
So, to become an expert in the conservation world, get started with our unique course.