Publications by theme
Enhancing education, learning and development for children, young people, adults, parents and families
- Stuart, K., Maynard, L. (2017 in press) Promoting Young People’s Wellbeing Through Empowerment and Agency: A Critical Framework for Practice. Routledge.
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2015) Teaching RE Creatively Abingdon: Routledge.
- Boyd, P. & Leslie, P. with Teacher Researchers from North Liverpool Teaching Alliance (2015) Learning Conversations Teacher Toolkit: developing practice in early years through practitioner inquiry. Liverpool: Everton Nursery School and Family Centre.
- Stuart, K., Maynard, L. (2015) Non-Formal Youth Work and its Impact on Young People’s Lives, Youth Work Non-formal Education and Youth Participation: Thematic Issue of the Italian Journal of Sociology of Education.
- Stuart, K. (2014) Collaborative Agency to Support Integrated Care for Children, Young People and Families: An Action Research Study the International Journal of Integrated Care.
- Stuart, K., Maynard, L. and Rouncefield, C. (2011) Literature Review 5: Research and Evaluation Methods for Work with Young People. Ambleside: Brathay Trust.
- Twiselton, S. and Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2014) Unit 2.4 Developing your teaching in Cremin, T. and Arthur, J. (eds) 3rd edition Learning to Teach in the Primary SchoolLondon:.Routledge.
- Warner, D. and Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2014)’Race’ Culture and ethnicity Teachers and Children “ Ch 10 In Cooper, H. (Ed) 2nd edition Professional Studies in Primary Education London:Sage
- Warner, D. and Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2011) ‘Race’ Culture and ethnicity Teachers and their Pupils ‘, Ch 12 In Cooper, H. (Ed) Professional Studies in Primary Education London:Sage
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Hansen, A., Twiselton, S. (Eds) (2008) Doing Classroom Research – a step by step guide for student teachers. Buckingham OUP
- Boyd, P. (2014) Learning Conversations: teacher researchers evaluating dialogic strategies in early years settings. International Journal of Early Years Education, 22 (4), 441-456. Available open access online at https://goo.gl/PNO7W0
- Boyd, P. (2014) Learning Teaching in School. In Hilary Cooper (Ed.) Professional Studies in Primary Education (2nd Edition). London: Sage. Available at https://goo.gl/ig7kan
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Cammack, P. and Harrison, L. (2016) Segregation, integration, inclusion and effective provision: a case study of perspectives from special educational needs children, parents and teachers in Bangalore India. International Journal of Special Education
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. and Mills, K. (2013) Measuring challenge, fun and sterility on a 'phunometre' scale:evaluating creative teaching and learning with children and their student teachers in the primary school Education 3-13 Available at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/03004279.2013.822904
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2011)“We are like dictionaries Miss, you can look things up in us”: evaluating child-centred research methods. Education 3-13.vol 39 no 2 april 2011 pg 187-202
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2005)’ Mind set matters; Attainment target anti-racism in Primary RE ‘ In RE today Derby CEM
- Elton-Chalcraft S. (2002) "Empty Wells? How well are we doing at Spiritual well being?" International Journal for Children's Spirituality London: Carfax (Taylor and Francis)
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Cammack, P.J. and Harrison, L. (2015) Inclusive practice, cultural contexts and perceptions of disability in a Christian foundation special needs school in Bangalore, India. Conference paper presented at British Educational Research Association (BERA), 15th-17th September 2015, at Queen's University Belfast
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Cammack, P.J. and Harrison, L. (2015) Inclusion and perceptions of disability – case study of teaching and learning in Bangalore, India Conference paper presented at 6th TEAN conference at the Aston Conference, Birmingham on 13th-14th May 2015
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Cammack, P.J. and Harrison, L. (2015) Inclusive practice, cultural contexts and perceptions of disability in a Christian foundation special needs school in Bangalore, India. Conference paper presented at ECER 2015, "Education and Transition - Contributions from Educational Research", Budapest, Hungary, 8-11 September 2015
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2009) It’s not just Black and White, Miss: Children’s awareness of race. Stoke-on-Trent:Trentham Books. Elton-Chalcraft, S., Cammack, P.J. and Harrison, L. (2016) Segregation, integration, inclusion and effective provision: a case study of perspectives from special educational needs children, parents and teachers in Bangalore, India International Journal of Special Educational Needs, 30(1) pp 2-9
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2008) How children see diversity – the effects of schooling in UK and Southern Germany and Implications for Initial Teacher Education available at http://www.pef.uni-lj.si/tepe2008/papers.htm accessed Oct 11
- Elton-Chalcraft S. (2007) Druidry, Jehovah’s Witnesses and Baha’i, RE against RacismInclusive RE, RE Today Publications Birmingham
- Elton-Chalcraft , S. (2006) ‘Anti racism an attainment target for RE’ In RE todayAvailable at http://www.multiverse.ac.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?anchorId=131&selectedId=154&menu=17877&ContentId=13183 accessed oct 11
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2004) Pow Wham! Heros or Powerful Leaders? In RE TodaySpring Derby CEM
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. (2003) You are what you wear! Female identity fashion, dress code, cultural demands. In RE Today Autumn Derby CEM
Practitioner identity, work, learning and leadership
- Stuart, K. (2017 in press) ‘Developing Distributed and System Leadership Practices in Children’s Centres: An Action Research Project’ Educational Action Research.
- Stuart, K. and Wilcox, M. (2017 in press) ‘System Leadership Development in Children’s Centres in the UK’, in press with the Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal.
- Boyd, P., Hymer, B. & Lockney, K. (2015) Learning Teaching: becoming an inspirational teacher. Critical Publishing.
- Boyd, P. (2014) Using ‘modelling’ to improve the coherence of initial teacher education. In Pete Boyd, Agnieszka Szplit & Zuzanna Zbróg (Eds.) Teacher Educators and Teachers Learning: International Perspectives, Cracow: Libron. Available online at http://libron.pl/katalog/czytaj/id/150
- Boyd, P., Harris, K. & Murray, J. (2011) Becoming a Teacher Educator: Guidelines for induction (2nd Ed.). ESCalate, Higher Education Academy: Bristol. Available at www.escalate.ac.uk/8508 (the 1st edition of this publication won the Sage / BERA prize for Practitioner Research 2009).
- Boyd, P., Tibke, J. (2012) Being a school-based teacher educator: developing pedagogy and identity in facilitatinf work-based highereducation in a professional field. Practitioner Research in Higher Education, 6(2), pp.41-57. Available at: https://ojs.cumbria.ac.uk/index.php/prhe
- Stuart, K. (2011) Leading multi-professional teams in the children's workforce: an action research project, International Journal of intergrated Care, 13.
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Cammack, P.J. (2016) Teachers’ views, from five Indian states, about their own faith and their school’s Christian foundation: Cultivating understanding of an Indian context. Conference paper presented at 7th TEAN conference at the Aston Conference Centre, Birmingham 5-6 May 2016.
- Clough, J., Boyd, P., Bunyan, P., Houghton, S., Hobson, T., Waters, A. & Zaranko, T. (2009) Teacher Supply in Cumbria: the contribution of teacher education. University of Cumbria: Carlisle. (Funding from the Teacher Development Agency 40K).
- Elton-Chalcraft, S., Lander, V., Revell, R.,Warner, D. and Whitworth, L. (2016 in press) To promote, or not to promote fundamental British values? Teachers’ standards, diversity and teacher education British Journal of Educational research
- Jackson, A. & Burch, J. (2014) 'School Direct, a policy for Initial Teacher Training in England: plotting a principled pedagogical path through a changing landscape', Professional Development in Education Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19415257.2015.1052090#abstract
- Burch, J., Jackson, A. (2013) ‘Developing partnership through third space activity ‘ Tean Journal 5 (2) July [Online]. Available at: http://bit.ly/AtMwtr
- Burch, J. & Jackson, A. (2012) Developing partnership through third space activity: full research report. Lancaster: TEAN.
- Hurley, A. and Cammack, P.J. (2014) “Get a backbone … Come on!” The place of emotional intelligence in pre-placement preparation and support for trainee teachers Teacher Education Advancement Network Journal 6(2), 13-24.
- Jackson, A. and Ashworth, M. (2013) Embedding a University teacher education programme in a school. Available online.
- Jackson, A. & Eady, S. (2012) ‘Teaching as a Masters level profession: the need for continued debate’, Professional Development in Education, 38 (1), pp. 149- 152. Available at: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19415257.2011.554714#abstract
- McNamara, O., Boyd, P., Jones, M., Murray, J., Qasim, S. & Stanley, G. (2011) Initial Teacher Education Annual Self Evaluation: Review of the SED. Universities Council for Education of Teachers.
- Stuart, K., Alger, A. (2011) The Use of Transactional Analysis in Secondary Education: A Case Study, Teacher Education Advancement Journal. 3:1
- Stuart, K. (2010) Walking the Talk: Authentic Teaching of Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning, The Teacher Education Advancement Network Journal Vol.2 Dec 2010.
- Boyd, P. (2002) Rose-Tinted Reflection? The Benefits for Teachers of Initial Teacher Education in Secondary Schools. Journal of In-Service Education. Vol. 28 No. 2 p.203-217.
Pedagogy and policy in further and higher education
- Boyd, P. & Smith, C. (2016) The Contemporary Academic: orientation towards research and researcher identity of higher education lecturers in the health professions. Studies in Higher Education, 41 (4), 678-695.
- Boyd, P., Smith, C. & Beyaztas, D. (2015) Hyper-Expansive Academic Workplaces: the case of UK lecturers in Nursing and Midwifery. International Journal for Academic Development,20 (1), 18-32.
- Boyd, P. & Bloxham, S. (2014) A situative metaphor for teacher learning: the case of university tutors learning to grade student coursework. British Educational Research Journal, 40 (2), 337-352.
- Lopes, A., Boyd, P., Andrew, N. & Pereira, F. (2014) The research-teaching nexus in nurse and teacher education: contributions of an ecological approach to academic identities in professional fields. Higher Education, 68 (2), 167-183.
- Boyd, P. (2013) Professional Education: resolving tensions around the value of different types of knowledge in teacher and nurse education. In Amelia Lopes (Ed.) Formação inicial de professores e de enfermeiros: identidades e ambientes / Initial education of teachers and nurses: identities and environments. Lisboa: Mais Leituras.
Most Recent Publications
- Elton-Chalcraft, S. and Chalcraft, D.J. (2022) Decolonising Christian Education in India? Navigating the Complexities of Hindu Nationalism and BJP Education Policy In Matemba, Y. and Collet, B. (eds) 2022 Bloomsbury Handbook of Religious Education in the Global South (2022).
- Elton-Chalcraft, S, Revell, L. and Lander, V. (2022) Fundamental British Values: your responsibilities, to promote or not to promote? Ch 15 In Cooper, H. and Elton-Chalcraft, S. (Eds) 4th edition Professional Studies in Primary Education London:Sage
- Elton-Chalcraft , S (2020) Student teachers’ diverse knowledge and experiences of religion – implications for culturally responsive teaching Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice, 20 (6). pp. 35-54. Open Access availablePDF
- Elton-Chalcraft , S., Copping, A., Mills, K., Todd, I. (2020) Developing research-informed practice in initial teacher education through school-university partnering. Vol 46 issue 1Professional Development in Education