Interested in a career in occupational health? Our Occupational Health: Practice Development University Advanced Diploma will be your stepping stone to strengthening your career chances and will show employers that you have the skills needed to advance to the top levels in your field.
You’ll study vocationally-relevant modules, ranging from the legal and ethical aspects of occupational health to sickness absence management, to stress management and health surveillance.
And, with vital work-based occupational health practice to put your academic theory to the test, we help build your practical confidence and, importantly, your CV.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll be studying on one of the few courses in the UK that focuses solely on occupational health practice in a working environment.
We’ve designed this flexible course around the professional knowledge that employers will demand. So, you’ll choose modules from across the occupational health spectrum and study in-line with the latest trends and working practice to directly benefit your career.
- We are one of the UK’s leading universities for health and social care
- Our contacts with a range of industries and sectors give you great employment prospects
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Flexibility to build-up modules at your own pace to fit in with your career plan and lifestyle
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the private sector and NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Even if you don’t have a full diploma, we can still give you entry to the degree by our portfolio route
- Bring your relevant credit with you– whether from us or another institution
Study in Lancaster, a vibrant student city, with great transport links to the major cities of Manchester and Liverpool. Plus, you’ll only be 30 minutes from the Lake District National Park – now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. So, you’ll never be stuck for something to do outside of your studies.
We will support you to learn everything you need to improve your employment prospects for a successful career in occupational health.
You can use the 60 credits you earn from this course towards a top-up degree in BSc (Hons) Nursing Practice, BSc (Hons) Practice Development or the BSc (Hons) Occupational Health: Practice Development. If you already have a degree, you might consider moving onto a Masters level.
Alternatively, you can use the skills and knowledge you gain from this course to go onto a career as an occupational health technician or nurse, a Health and Safety practitioner or a screening nurse.
Download the personal statement guide
Get top tips on how to write the best university personal statementDownload Here