Work in health or social care and want to upgrade your diploma to a degree? Want a truly flexible course to fit in with your career plan and lifestyle? Our Practice Development top-up degree ticks all your boxes.
If you’re an experienced practitioner looking for a professional edge, our programme will provide a stimulating and engaging learning experience, equipping you with the knowledge and skills to be an innovator in your field.
You’ll get the utmost flexibility with our course. Choose bespoke modules to suit your individual needs and select whether you want to study full or part-time, at one of our campuses or from your own home by distance learning.
If you’d like to take things gradually at your own pace, start with a single module, building towards a University Advanced Diploma (60 credits) and then a full degree (120 credits). We make it easier for you to reach your potential because flexibility and choice sit at the heart of our programme, so you can fit your studies around your busy life.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
- Study on a modular basis – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Flexible funding options available - you can pay module by module or via student loan
- Taught by experienced practitioners and academics, who have extensive experience of working in the NHS and a range of other occupations
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students, so you'll never feel like you're studying in isolation
- We have extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers and have a well-established online study skills package for you to use
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
- Add a specific title to your degree to reflect the subject area you’ve focussed on (student defined pathway)
Download the personal statement guide
Get top tips on how to write the best university personal statementDownload Here